A History Of Success In Medical Malpractice Cases
I am Damon Richards, Attorney at Law, and I have a history of success in cases in New Mexico and Texas involving gross negligence by medical institutions. By suing the doctors, nurses, hospitals and universities involved, I have obtained stunningly large settlements for clients that have helped them repair the damage caused by medical malpractice.
Medical malpractice occurs in a great variety of circumstances and has been documented in every state in the U.S. At my firm, you can count on working directly with me, an experienced lawyer who fights hard to obtain compensation for the individuals and families who have been impacted by medical malpractice. I have extensive knowledge and legal skill to protect the rights of people injured by substandard medical care.
Medical Errors Come In Many Forms
Examples of medical malpractice are numerous. In fact, many people know someone who was harmed by malpractice in the health care industry at some point. Some of the most common categories include:
- Birth injuries
- Brain damage due to lack of oxygen
- Burns, pressure ulcers or a fall during the patient’s hospital stay
- Failure to obtain the patient’s consent for a medical procedure
- Infections related to a stay in the hospital
- Misdiagnoses or delayed diagnoses
- Misinterpretation of X-rays or other types of imaging
- Mistakes during surgery
- Misuse of medical devices
- Surgery at the wrong site or even on the wrong patient
- Surgical instrument left inside a patient after surgery
- Wrong dose of medicine or the wrong medicine administered
- Transfusion errors
The spectrum of medical malpractice ranges from minor mistakes that are easily corrected, to life-threatening accidents, permanent disability and death. In fact, it is estimated that 80,000 people die each year in the U.S. due to hospital or physician errors.
What Counts As Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is generally defined as medical care that does not meet the expected standard of care. The malpractice may be on the part of any member of the community of health care professionals, such as:
- Paramedics / EMTs (emergency medical technicians)
- Primary care physicians
- Specialists (e.g., oncologists, plastic surgeons, dermatologists, etc.)
Let’s Talk About Your Unique Situation
Do you think you may have a case? Get the answers you need in a free initial consultation with me. Call 575-680-1667 or reach me online. With offices in Lubbock and Ruidoso, I can assist you anywhere in Texas or New Mexico.